Kory also had a beautiful afternoon today to play football with a bunch of guys as he does every Sunday afternoon in New Holland. What a glorious drive through amish country enjoying the beauty of God's creation...mm.
This past week was a bit momentous as Wednesday was my last day of work at the school for students with Autism. I really enjoyed working one-on-one with my student, and it was sad to go. However, it has been clear that this is the best decision for me and for the baby, to transition into a less stressful working situation. I start watching the kiddos tomorrow, and I am very excited! It'll definitely be challenging in its own way, but it will be so nice to be at home. I also feel I'll be better able to keep up with housework and whatnot, something that was taking a bit of a back burner while I was working at the school. It is such a hard thing to work full time outside of the home AND fulfill wifely duties (which are a joy for me to do) at home!
Since Wednesday was my last day, Kory took me out for a surprise evening that night. All he told me was that I was to be ready to go at 6:00. Of course I was ready at 5:50, rocking anxiously in our living room chair and asking Kory repeatedly if it was time to go yet. When it was finally time he drove me across town, and after several fake-out turns (he was trying to keep me guessing as to where we were going), we arrived at Buca di Beppo's...an absolutely delicious family-style Italian restaurant which I love! After we were seated and were looking over the menu for a long while (Kory kept putting off ordering, and I wondered why), I looked up and--much to my surprise and delight--saw Elizabeth and Joel (my sister and brother-in-law) walk in! We had quite the wonderful time together...I love that we live so close that we can just hang out like that. Elizabeth also had a reason to celebrate, as she had just finished the first draft of her dissertation--yes! We then went back to their home for some Mario Kart on the Wii and the final world series game on the radio.
Friday evening we also had a great time of fellowship with some wonderful people we are still getting to know. We visited a new friend who lives and works at a teenage pregnancy center type ministry, and she had a small group of us over for dinner, dessert, and a bonfire. She had also offered to me that I could go through the abundant surplus of donated maternity clothes to see if there was anything I could use. Considering the fact that I really had not obtained many maternity clothes at all up to this point (besides a couple of loose shirts), I jumped at the opportunity and was hopeful to find some things that would work. As it turned out, I walked away with a garbage bag full of clothes (hardly making a dent in their supply). Kory and I were amazed yet again at the Lord's incredible provision for us. That He would just GIVE us an entire wardrobe of maternity clothes! (Especially after I had been wondering how we would be able to afford a whole new set of clothes for me). He is so very kind and generous to us, it's astounding!
Yesterday while our husbands were at work my sister and I had some quality time together. Talk about chicken soup for the soul! I am so thankful for our close proximity and for the fact that we can just hang out together for a few therapeutic hours on a Saturday. We also went to Ross and Target and got a couple pairs of maternity pants for me to complete my clothing needs. We looked at baby clothes while we were at Ross, and I just marveled at the tiny onesies and outfits that could soon be on our little one. How real it is all becoming!
Last night Kory and I also had the blessing of hosting one of my dear childhood friends for the evening. Rebecca now lives in Philly, which is SO exciting, and she graciously made the trip (bringing some delicious cheesecake for dessert). We had dinner, played some Blokus, and enjoyed catching up and chatting for much of the evening.
As I look back on this post, I realize that the Lord has been so kind this past week in providing such wonderful fellowship with new and old friends. It was just this past week, too, that I was feeling particularly lonely and longing for some quality time with people who know me well, as well as craving opportunities to get to know new people where the Lord has now placed us. How good and gracious He is to us! It's such a continual testimony of the Lord's provision in our lives in so many ways.
It reminds me of a Matthew Smith song that has been going around in my head lately (we have been listening to his music a lot recently) called "The Lord Will Provide," which you can check out by following this link: The Lord Will Provide. What a resounding Truth.
Much love from Reading!
BK
No comments:
Post a Comment