Thursday, October 21, 2010

Things That Matter

I am convicted today about the things I focus most of my daily thoughts, actions, and blog writings on. Cloth diapers. Making homemade baby food. Sleeping through the night (or not). Sitting up, learning to crawl, and other baby milestones. All good things! Things that are given from the Lord to enjoy and to contribute to sanctification. Yet when I am so focused on them that they distract me from the eternal….it is time to lift my eyes and thoughts Upward.

As I was reading a new blog today (passed on to me by cousin Amy…thank you!), my soul ached to drink in these deeper things the author was writing about (even though I don’t agree completely with all of her theology necessarily, there is still much to glean from this sister’s writings). Scripture memorization. Training for godliness. Walking with God throughout all the daily mundane tasks of being a Stay At Home Mom. Things that my mind used to dwell on so much more…it seems that the demands and busyness of daily responsibilities have slowly pulled me away from where my heart really longs to be as a child of the Most High God. I want to count all else as rubbish compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord (Philippians 3:8).

Alas, a baby cries and forces me to cut this post short.

I will certainly continue to keep you posted on the goings on of Khloe and the daily adventures of her growth and milestones. Because those things are indeed exciting! But I intend to turn the sails of this blog in a new direction, with new passion and a new focus.

Let’s focus and dwell on and think and talk about things that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment